Based in Sandiway Cheshire, Petty Pool is a charity set up in May 1981, with operational activities divided between Petty Pool Vocational College, which provides education and training for young people with learning disabilities, and Petty Pool Outdoor Centre, providing personal development through adventurous activities.
We were approached by the college to develop a new website for them. Our aim was to go for a clean, modern, easy to navigate website. The site promotes the college for young adults with learning disabilities whilst the outdoor centre section of the site promotes the commercial side of the organisation.
- Ensure the site is easy to navigate with a mega menu that doesn’t exceed 2 tiers.
- Commission photography and use throughout the site.
- Use image cards as a secondary navigation to ensure usability for students with learning difficulties.
- Build in a student portal for homework & documents.
- Ensure key areas have contact forms to make workflow more efficient.
- Incorporate jobs, events and news feeds whilst linking into key social media channels.
- Ensure the site reflects the ethos of Petty Pool College.
- Write all of the content for the 62 page site.
- Design of downloadable PDF leaflets, info sheets and a 32 page prospectus.